Humans are creatures that are given high intelligence by God. They should use this ability to use biodiversity wisely. Biodiversity has an important role in human life as a human support system. The existence of biodiversity becomes a major component in human life, therefore if there are any problems, it will cause some harmful effects. In other words, doing good maintenance for biodiversity will ensure a human better living as well. Some examples of the importance of biodiversity include: providing foods, as a shelter for many creatures, and a source of community incomes, medicines, and sciences.
The major role of biodiversity as a source of medicines and sciences is very useful in supporting the future health sector. There are so many species, such as plants, animals, viruses, bacteria, fungi, that have an enormous potential for producing drugs. That potential is then combined with advanced science, hence it can give excellent inventions as a solution for many issues in the health sector.
One of the essential techniques to support human health is biotechnology. Recently, biotechnology has rapidly improved. This biotechnological advancement was proved by discovering various technologies, such as genetic engineering, tissue culture, recombinant DNA, stem cell breeding, cloning, and others. This technology enables us to cure so many inherited and chronic diseases that cannot be cured yet, such as cancer or AIDS. It also can treat the victims of Covid-19 so that they can get proper treatment immediately. If biotechnology research continues to develop, and there is still a high amount of biodiversity, humans do not need to worry about future health as long as they use it wisely.
Role of Biodiversity and Biotechnology for Supporting Human Health
- Genetic diversity
- Diversity of species
- Diversity of ecosystems
- Life science and technology
Time and Place
Date: 19 December 2020
Time: 08.00-17.00 WIB
- If possible, the committee will select 1-2 manuscripts of participants to be presented during the plenary session with the keynote speakers. After the conference, the presentation and a brief biography of researchers will be uploaded on this page as keynote speakers.
- All manuscripts relating to the sub-themes can be submitted
- For free of charge, please send your full text paper (manuscript) no later than November 28, 2020. The manuscript will be selected, and the selected manuscript will be invited for a free presentation.
- The published manuscript in Biodiversitas or Nusantara Bioscience will receive a publishing fee rebate of USD 70
Term of Presentation
Due to limited presentation time slots, so only the selected papers will be orally presented, however other accepted papers will be presented in a poster exhibition. International and regional experts in fisheries and aquaculture will be invited to deliver keynote addresses during the conference. The names of the invited speakers will be finalized soon and will be informed by email. We extend an invitation to present your research results at the poster exhibition or parallel class discussion sessions. We hope that you will find out an interesting conference program and a fascinating exposition.
The manuscript presented through oral or poster.
- The presentation will be in English.
- The oral presentation is done in the form of “power point presentation” for 5-7 minutes.
- The poster presentation is Soft file with .jpg format size A3 and include a 3-5 minute audio recording explaining your research poster.
- Each presenter is allocated time max. 10 minutes for a presentation and answering questions.
- Send via email address email@example.com with subject [NAME_PRESENTATION_POSTER/ORAL]. Maximum on 13 December 2020